WE NEED YOU
This plan is not intended to sit on a shelf, but to be brought to life.
We want to encourage our Maketu whānau, residents and manuhiri to have a climate kōrero and reflect on what you want the future to look like for you and the generations to come.
The more we talk about climate change, the more we think and care about it, the more likely we are to act on it!
So, take a good look at the plan, talk about it with your whānau, friends and neighbours, and think about what you can do to make this happen.
Specifically, we’re looking for people who:
- Are interested in participating in our working group.
- Are experienced in project management and want to be involved in shaping the next steps.
- Can help us with funding to take action.
- Are excellent communicators so that our community knows what’s happening and how they can be involved.
- Are key connectors so that we are linked to all relevant stakeholders and can influence change and progress.
- Can bring relevant expertise to the table.
Let’s move away from climate anxiety and distress, towards climate action. Together we must protect our whenua and our people!